How to remove Gmail account from Android phone without factory reset?
April 11, 2017 in Technology
Android devices have become quite common nowadays and have taken the world by storm. In order to use the Android devices and make the most out of it, it is necessary that you add a Gmail address. It enable you to download the apps from the Google Play store. Some other apps like Gmail, Calendar, etc. are also synchronized.
In certain cases, you may feel the need to remove the existing primary Gmail account of your Android device. This can be done by two ways, i.e. factory resetting your Android phone, or removing the Gmail account without factory reset. After you perform Factory reset, all of the data on your device is deleted. This might turn out to be a bit problematic for some. In the other case however, the data on your device remain intact.
Steps to remove Gmail account from Android phone without factory reset:
Removing Gmail account from Android phone without factory reset may turn out to be a bit tricky process. For this you need to clear the data and cache available in Google Apps application. Just perform the actions below to remove Gmail account without the Factory reset:
• Tap on the “Menu” button of your device and then tap on the “Settings” icon.
• Select the “Applications” option.
• Tap on the menu “Manage applications” and then on the “All” button.
• A list of the apps installed on your device is displayed.
• Tap on “Google Apps” button. An option is provided to clear the data on your device. Click on the “Clear data” button to do so.
• It again asks for your confirmation. Click on the “OK” button to confirm the process.
• Tap on the “Google Apps” button. To clear the cache, click on the “Clear cache” button.
• Confirm it by clicking on the “OK” button.
• Now, tap on the Gmail app icon.
• Choose the option to clear the cache by choosing the “Clear cache” option and confirm it by clicking “OK” button.
• Clear the data by selecting the “Clear Data” button and tap “OK” to confirm it.
Finally, the Gmail account will be removed from the android device, without factory resetting your device. You can add the new Gmail account by going to the Settings menu and clicking on the “Data Synchronization option. Here you will be asked for your new account credentials. Enter your Gmail ID and password to use the new Gmail account as your Android device account. The above steps however do not delete Gmail account. The removed Gmail account can be used on other devices or on the same device as well.
Gmail users may come across some problem with their account. If you too encounter some problem that you are not able to fix, give a call on Gmail helpline number to get your problem fixed instantly by the experts. Even the most complex problems are solved instantly via remote access.